Saturday, October 13, 2007

Good Morning

Good Morning friends and family. It once again Saturday morning and I am taking a moment to enjoy my coffee before I head of to school to do laundry and grade papers. Believe it or not next Friday marks the end of our first quarter here in Kongiganak. WOW!!!

Last Sunday I went for a walk and remembered to take my camera and so I have included a few photos of the Tundra - as you can see it has changed colors and is now a beautiful gold color.





When I returned to the village from my walk I noticed some activity and upon investigating it discovered that a barge full of wood had arrived and as you can see from the photos they are unloading it. I have been told that the barge comes through twice a year - once in the spring and once in the fall. This is the first time the village has purchased wood. This wood will be used for steams (like a sauna) a very popular activity.




Well, it is almost 9am and I want to get my laundry started so I will close for now. When the sun comes up this morning I hope to take a couple of pictures to show you that we actually have a light dusting of snow on the ground. Have a good weekend.

1 comment:

twotiredoc said...

Wow! That tundra is really beautiful! (=

Funny the things I would never think of... like where you would get wood. Sometimes I think it's a pain to live in a smaller town 45 minutes away from a metro area. The things I can't get like I could in LA! lol Then I think of you! (-;