Saturday, January 19, 2008

Stuck

I am sitting in the village of Tuntutuliak (or Tunt) and will be spending the night. Little plans don't fly with high winds. I came as the cheperone for our High School Boys Basketball team Friday afternoon. And due to high winds we were not able to go home as planned - although the weather forcast for tommorow does look to be in our favor. We will wait and see. At least the boys are all well behaived and since I am the only female I have a classroom and a bathroom all to myself. I will however miss girls night at my house. That's sports in the Alaskan bush.

1 comment:

twotiredoc said...

Wow! Glad to see you handled it in a "glass half full" way! (= It's cool that you're traveling with sports teams!

An aside... went swimming Saturday and walked outside for a few minutes afterwards... and had frozen curls coming out of my hat! That hasn't happened since I was in elementary school. But it made me think of your experience there! ha