Monday, September 24, 2007

All Dressed-up and No Place to Go

What do three single female teacher do on a Saturday Night in rural Alaska – What else is there to do they get dressed-up in their finest, they eat and they play cards. Please note NO alcohol was consumed during this evening. (remember this is a dry village)



This has become a Saturday night thing for the three of us, getting together, teaching Alicia to play Euchre and eating dinner. This week it was great food – Homemade pizza (MJ makes great pizza crust) chips and cheese and a few fresh veggies, the cupboard is getting bare when it comes to fresh veggies we had to throw the lettuce out it was slimmy. Soon after this picture was taken someone got a craving for some dessert (a chocolate milk shake was mentioned) so we decided to make blueberry short cake. Alicia was sent to the store because someone remembered that they did have CoolWhip (step 1) I had some Bisquick and blueberry’s MaryJane ran home for starch, blueberry’s and the recipe for blueberry sauce. YUMMY is all I need to say as to how it all came out.

Well I hope all is well with everyone everything is the same here in Kongiganak It continues to rain most days and I can defiantly notice the change in the amount of daylight. It was still dark at 8am this morning and will probably be dark before 8pm tonight.

I have taken on the challenge of starting and coaching our Lego-Robotics team. It should be very interesting and fun. I currently have three students on the team and two of them are very excited and want to work on it all of the time. I will be learning along with the kids what it is all about. I also seam to be being prodded/recruited into coaching a girls basketball team – Paul has sent me the information on getting certified as a coach – I have been telling him I would help him or volunteer to help as long as he coached. We haven’t had a girls team since the early 1990’s and Paul coached them to the State tournament. In 1987 (I think) they actually one the state tournament. Plus I am teaching math twice a week for half an hour in our extended day program so basically I live at the school.

Again I hope everyone is well – keep in touch. I love reading most of your comments.

2 comments:

twotiredoc said...

Those Tooks are awesome! I love that you're wearing short sleeves! lol Sounds like a grand ol' time with the girls!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....only MOST of the comments??
What are you trying to say Megan??

Looks like you really don't NEED alcohol to keep yourself occupied. You seem to be doing just fine without it.

It's nice to know all is well way up yonder.