Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Traveling

Well I arrived - Actually I arrived in Bethel Tuesday, at about 7:30am. My travels went pretty smoothly. We left Clarksville at about 11am Monday, August 6. Pam, Sheila and Bev drove me to the Detroit Airport and I flew out at about 5:30pm. First stop Phoenix, Arizona. I had about an hour layover in Arizona and then it was on to Anchorage, Alaska. I arrived in Anchorage at about 1am local time so that would be 5am Michigan time. Because I was switching airlines I had to not only get my luggage but also switch terminals. I had to wait until 5am to check my luggage so I found a comfortable bench and took a nap for a couple of hours and then it was off to Bethel.

When I arrived here in Bethel I met about 8 other new teachers. We spent the day hanging out and comparing notes. In the picture below with me next to the sign I have been awake for about 36hours. The next picture is of "main" street the final shot is of the river.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You do look a little exhausted. But all is good now...YOU MADE IT!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!