Wednesday, September 3, 2008

HOT, RUNNING, WATER

RUNNING HOT WATER – YIPEEE!!!
Never thought I would be so excited to do dishes in my life! That’s right my house has been upgraded, it only took over three years but finally it happened. Still no shower and no sewage but I can deal with that. Remember school is only 100 yards away, so that’s closer then the restroom at your job for some of you, plus I am at school a large part of everyday.
If you remember last year my water supply was two large 30 plus gallon trash cans in my bath tub and I had to scoop the water out of them. To do dishes, clean or whatever I had to scoop the water heat it on the stove and then use it before it cooled down. So doing dishes was a process. You would be surprised how easily you get side tracked if you have to wait for water to boil before doing dishes (10-15min for my big pots to heat up). Well you can now just turn on the tap and in about 15 sec we have hot water filling our dish pan.
And with two people living here now we create way more dishes, it is surprising. We both have noticed, last year we each could go a week without really doing dishes, this year about a day. Some of it might have to do with having Rachel, the new teacher, over a lot also, don’t know.
We also seem to create way more sewage. I am having to go to the lagoon twice a week to dump the honey bucket. Last year, I went once a week because I would rather carry it then use the wheelbarrow. Alecia would go to the lagoon every two or three weeks. But I think that has to do with us being home more. Last year as new teachers both of us were at school way more.
Okay that’s the latest – Pictures and information about all the construction to come this weekend.

2 comments:

twotiredoc said...

Glad you made it safe and sound back to the village! Sorry about the stinky dog issue! I never thought about giving mine sponge bathes. I might have to consider that after the river next time!

Megan said...

Yeah well you do what you have to do - no shower or bath so a sponge is the best I can do. I an not wait for winter and the freeze. No more stinky dog